The Association of Certified Fraud Examiners estimates organizations lose 5% of revenue each year to fraud and that the median fraud loss is $117,000. In closely held businesses where profit margins are tight, the existence of a fraud scheme could mean the difference between being profitable or unprofitable. In this course, we will explain the three primary methods of fraud and provide insight on the typical fraudster, the ways fraud is detected and the most common types of fraud. Our presentation will include case studies, fraud prevention strategies, and a discussion on what steps to take if you suspect fraud in an organization. Join us to gain a better understanding of the impacts of fraud and ways to mitigate a company’s fraud risks.
Business owners use their financial statements to manage their businesses. As an advisor, it’s important to have an understanding of financial statements so you can speak the language of business and have meaningful conversations with business owners. Whether you’re looking for a basic intro or want to deepen your understanding of how financial trends can uncover important insights for your clients, you’ll find value in this training.
Please join CapVal’s Jane Tereba, ASA, CPA, CEPA on Thursday, October 19th from 12-1 p.m. CST to learn how to:
- Read income statements and balance sheets to have a meaningful conversation.
- Identify why it’s the trends that tell the story, not a single period of financial information.
- Ask questions to get to the story behind the numbers.
- Confidently meet with business owners to have a dynamic conversation with business owners that the average advisor is not having.
- Understand the power of comparing your client’s performance to their industry peers.